Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Whew!  Being able to email at 9a.m. is so much better than 3:30a.m.  :)


Hello Everyone!

Well I so hope that you all got to watch conference. It´s the best thing in the world, especially for missionaries. It was kind of a strange watching schedule, but it was good. We watched the relief society session on saturday at 4 pm and that was super good! I thought it was interesting that they focused so much on keeping covenants and the importance of them. Then at 6 pm we watched the saturday morning session live. Then we came back to the chapel on sunday and the elders watched the priesthood session at 11 am then we watched the saturday afternoon session at 2 pm and the sunday morning session live at 6 pm. We didn´t get to see the sunday afternoon session because that would´ve been at 10pm our time, which is just a little too late for us missionaries with bedtimes. We watched all of this at the capilla, and yes, we did get to watch it in english thank goodness. I can´t imagine having to watch 8 hours of conference in spanish. That would´ve been interesting, plus I know I wouldn´t have gotten nearly as much out of it.

I also went to Málaga this week. Like I told you in my last email. I left tuesday morning and then came back wednesday night. It was to pick up my residency card so that I can be legally here in spain and they won´t have to kick me out for having been here too long. It´s kind of fun, I have a little card, kind of like a driver´s license thing. Sadly I´ll have to leave it here when I leave, but maybe I´ll take a picture of it so you can see it. But it was so much fun! A lot of the other missionaries that I came with were there with me too and it was fun to catch up with them. It also reminded me of how funny the younger elders are. They are actually super immature. I mean I know I´m not always the most mature person, but I take comfort in knowing that I´m not an 18 year old elder. Haha, but I still love them. They make me laugh, and always will.

So who would´ve thought, but KFC is a big thing here. We went to one of our baby-sized pueblos for a cita but it ended up falling through so we were walking around and some families we knew were outside playing with their kids and they offered to take us home which was super sweet of them. So on our way back to the capitol they told us that they had been planning to go to KFC and they were taking us with them. So of course we weren´t going to tell them that they couldn´t go, so to KFC we went. It was kind of weird, and it´s definitely not as good here as it is back at home. But that was a strange experience. Haha. 

Well I hope everyone is doing well and that you are finding the hand of the Lord in your life everyday. I love you all and can´t wait to hear from you and talk to you next week! 

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment