Friday, August 8, 2014

no subject)

Inbox
x

Paige Walton

Jul 21
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Luke, Whitney
Wow, what a week! Well, I just want you all to know that I´m ok. I really am. Don´t worry about me. I´m kind of going to be like Papa in that I´ve got lots of other things to worry about and to think about so I´m sure that being on a mission for this will actually be a blessing as I can focus on the blessings of an eternal family and the knowledge and testimon that I have and not on the sadness of the loss of Grammy. But I am also incredibly grateful for her and her example and her love for me and for all of us. 

I´m also incredibly grateful for the church in my life. I can´t imagine my life without the testimony that I have of this gospel. I want all of you to know that I know without a doubt that this is Christ´s church and that He stands at the head directing both the church and our lives. To find the peace and the blessings that He has for us, we only have to do the things he´s asked us and trust in him. Then comes everything we need in life. Literally everything we need He will give us if we do our part. 

Anyway, we had a really good week. Although we still spent time out walking in the heat, we had a lot of really good citas filled with the spirit. I don´t have much time to go into detail, but things went well. We even had a few people come to church yesterday! Not as many as we had hoped for, but considering that it was the first time in a long time we´ve had someone in church we felt pretty good. 

Yesterday was a really good day. We had a menos activa named Lydia in church and that was a huge miracle! We were very excited about that. Then we went to her house last night and she was completely different. She was smiling like I´ve never seen her smile and we laughed and smiled through the whole lesson. It was a testimony builder to me of the importance of church attendance and the difference it makes in our lives. I was also grateful to have a good spirit for the night time. 

After planning that night, I got ready for bed and was sitting in the bedroom playing solitare on the phone when I got a call from President Deere at 11:20. I had no idea what he was calling for, but then he shared the news and obviously the tears started flowing. It was more from shock than anything else. I know she´s ok, and I´m ok, too. I´m so grateful that we have an eternal family that we know doesn´t end here. It´s not until death that we part, but we will be able to see each other again and to be a complete family someday soon. I love you all! Keep your heads up and find the love of the Savior, he´ll always be there when you need him. Trust Him, he knows what he´s doing. 

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment