Friday, August 8, 2014

subject)

Inbox
x

Paige Walton

Jul 28 (11 days ago)
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Luke, Whitney
Well, it´s official! I´ve been a missionary for more than a year! I´m OLD! WHAT??? When did that happen? It´s crazy to be on the old end of the mission. But kind of nice to feel like I´ve got a good amount of time under my belt as a missionary and can mas o menos get through any situation that the world may through at you. Maybe not always with class, but hey! That was never a requirement. Haha. 

Anyway I hope everything went well today with Grammy´s funeral and that you are all staying happy and thinking of the good things and not the hard things. That´s something I´m so grateful for. One of the things I really didn´t want was to have hard memories at the end of my grandparent´s lives of them getting to the end and suffering. I never really saw it that much with her and I can focus on all the love that I have for her and the good memories that I have with her. You all may not be able to escape from it like I can, but I hope you can try to focus on the same things. She may not be here in the flesh, but she doesn´t need to be. We just have to get through this short time in our mortality to be able to be together forever and never have to say goodbye again. 

Anyway, it was a slow week. Haha, I think we´re realizing something that we should´ve realized a long time ago. We have one really bad week and so we try really hard the next week so we don´t have to do it again and then the next week is great! Then we expect it to keep going like that without us really trying as hard as we should. Well, we´re going to start trying harder every week to set citas in advance so that we have things to do and that we can feel like we´re doing things. We are already seeing a lot of good things coming for this next week.

We did have a miracle with a menos activa this week. Her name is Xiomara and she´s 18 and I just love her so so much! She was baptized about a year and a half ago and was fine until she switched wards and then went inactive because all of her friends went on missions and she was left alone. So that was really hard for her and she hasn´t been back to church since. But we had a lesson with her on Friday and she asked if we could do it at the church and we of course said yes. We watched the Joseph Smith movie from the memorial building and the spirit was so strong as we talked about the legacy of the church and how she was now a part of that legacy and how she needed to be strong. It was especially cool because there was a ward activity with all 3 Cartagena wards that night after the lesson in the church and so she got to see some members that she hadn´t seen for a while and they just welcomed her back with so much love! Then she finally came to church on sunday! It was so good to have her there! I really do just love her so much! I had a feeling when I came here and saw her name. I had no idea who she was or anything about her and we had a tough time getting in contact with her, but I honestly feel like I was sent here to Cartagena to be able to be a part of her rescue. And I couldn´t be more excited! 

Well this week is the last week of the transfer and we´ll be getting transfer calls this weekend to see where Hna Daines will be going. It´s strange that I´ve been in Cartagena for that much time already, but I´m excited to have some more time here. I´ll let you know all about what´s going to happen next week.

I also got a haircut this morning! We have a member that has a hair salon and I needed it so badly so I went and got one this morning. I went short again, which feels great for the summer! I´ll try to send a picture next week when I have more time. Sadly she also told me that the water here and my showering everyday is killing my hair, haha, so I´m going to go back and she´s going to save my hair for me. Thank goodness! She´s so cute! She takes such good care of us. 

Anyway, I´m doing well and hope that you all are as well. Know how much I love you all and that you are always in my prayers! Every one of them. You´re the best family I could ask for! Enjoy the day with the family and give everyone a huge hug for me! Talk to you next week!

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment