Monday, December 22, 2014

no subject)

Inbox
x

Paige Walton

Nov 24
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Whitney, Luke
Hey everyone! 

Well, it´s been an interesting week for us all, hasn´t it? Losing a loved one is always a hard thing, especially someone like Papa. He was just such an incredible man. But I´m glad that he finally gets to be back with his sweetheart and that they can be happy and healthy together. I hope you all are doing ok back home. I hope you find joy in the memories and not swell on the sadness of the loss. That´s what I´m trying to do.  

Anyway, this week was an interesting week. I have a pretty nasty cold and it kept me in for a little while. Dang spanish weather. About half the country gets sick when the seasons change because it´s such a dramamtic change. Hopefully I´ll get better soon. I´m hoping to be on the tail end of it. 

We did have something really cool this week though. A member of the European Area Presidency, Elder Patrick Kearon, came and spoke to us as a mission. Wow. That was incredible. It was a huge conferece with half the mission and we got to hear him and his wife and the Deeres speak. They are all just incredible! Everything that I needed to know and hear was mentioned. He spoke (obviously) directly to our needs as missionaries and talked about repentance and forgetting about the past and getting better everyday. Hna Deere talked about how we all have those feeling of inadequacy and not being worthy and that being that hardest part of missionary work, but we all have them, and unless they are pushing us to be motivated, they are not coming from a good place. We can´t dwell on those things and we have to look to God to help us. Elder Kearon talked a lot about the missionary process and how to better find and teach and baptize. It was really just a good meeting. It was also really fun to see a lot of old missionary friends, some of whom I haven´t seen in a while and some of whom I won´t see again until post-mission life. 

Well, honestly there´s not that much to tell you about this week. Haha, between being sick and the conference and Papa´s passing, there wasn´t much that happened. So I´m sorry this is so short. But just know that I´m doing ok and trying my best and that I can´t wait to see you all in a few weeks. I love you all and am so incredible thankful for the family that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I´m so grateful that we know that there´s more after this and that this isn´t goodbye. Although there will always be times when we are seperated from each other for however long the amount of time, it is nothing in respect to the eternity that we all get to spend together. You are the best family I could´ve asked for and I love you! Thank you all for the blessing you are to me and the comfort and the love you are to me, too. Talk to you all next week!

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment