Saturday, April 12, 2014

no subject)

Inbox
x

Paige Walton

Apr 7 (5 days ago)
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Whitney, Luke
Hey there!
So a big week! Transfers happened last week and Hna Muse is officially gone. Love her to death and I´ll miss her, but things are going well with Hna Herrera too. She´s awesome! We get along well already and are laughing and having fun together, so that´s always a good thing. She´s excited about Badajoz too so that´s really nice. But yeah! Things went well with the transfer. It´s always a little hard at the beginning just because you go from having a really good friend to be with all the time, to having to be with someone you´ve never met before, but you get used to it pretty fast and start making a new friendship.
So we left really early Wednesday morning to go to Sevilla to make the exchange and we got there around 11:30 and then Hna Muse hoped trains and was gone. I hung out there for a few hours waiting for my new companion and then we rushed to the bus station once she got there, only to just barely miss the bus (not our fault, but that´s a different story). So we waited there in Sevilla for 4 more hours talking between us and the other missionaries that were there. Then we finally got on our bus and got back to Badajoz around 11:30 that night.
Then we did some weekly planning on Thursday morning and went out to work that night. Nothing too exciting, knocking doors mostly. Then Friday we had to cut out a 3 hour chunk to make brownies. We had a good morning of working so I didn´t feel too bad, but still. We had a wedding of some members on Saturday and they asked us to make brownies. So I really didn´t feel too bad, but it was hard to lose so much time this week, for traveling, making brownies, the wedding, and then conference.
Anyway, Saturday we had the wedding, which was so much fun! It was an awesome way for Hna Herrera to get to know a lot of the members too. We had a lot of fun. It was a cute couple named Maria Ester and Eugenio. Love them both! They´re older, but they´re great! I´ll attach a picture for you. So we spent the day there and helped serve food and clean up and all that fun stuff. Oh there was also a member that re-wrote the words to as sister´s in zion to make it a wedding song and we sang as a relief society and they had me sing a solo on the last verse. Uh oh, they´ve figured out my secret, and they´re pouncing on it! Haha, no, but I´m happy to do it.
Sunday was a great day! It always is when general conference is involved! We went to the capilla to watch the first two sessions (I was able to watch those in english on a member´s laptop thank goodness) and then we headed to a member´s house later on for an eating cita and to watch the last session with them. That one I did have to watch in spanish, but that´s alright. Although I do have to say, the people that translate do not have the same power in their voices as the actual speakers. It is much better in english. What a blessing it is to be able to understand them!
Well things are going well here. We lost our fecha, again, but I feel like it was for the best. You know, there are a whole lot of times when I ask myself what I´m doing wrong, why am I working so hard, thinking I´ve finally found success, only to have it fail again and again and again, but I think I´m finally starting to understand it. The Lord´s ways aren´t man´s ways. It may not be happening exactly as I´d like it to, but it could be a whole lot worse too. I am grateful for everyday, maybe not always in the moment, but I know that it´s changing me into who I need to me one day.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers, your support, and your love. I can´t wait to see your faces on mother´s day! Just a few more weeks! Love you! Have an awesome week!
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment