Thursday, April 24, 2014

Paige Walton

9:11 am (3 days ago)
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Whitney, Luke
Hey there! I hope everyone had a good easter weekend and especially easter day! Can I just say that I´m so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that I have in my life? Honestly, the knowledge of the gospel is the greatest blessing we have. To know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who gave his son for us, there´s nothing more comforting than knowing there´s someone that loves you that much.
Well this week was slow, again. We really don´t have investigators right now and we´re working on finding some news. It doesn´t help that we are losing a lot of time traveling too. We were in Sevilla again. We had an awesome special training conference with President Deere. He gave us a new way to find some people to teach and we´re excited to try it out. It basically consists of going to the houses of the sometimes overlooked members of the church, ya know, the ones who may not be best friends with the missionaries or don´t have the big callings or anything like that, even the new members. We then help them make a list of all the part-member families, the menos activos, and the people that they´ve seen at church before that aren´t members. We of course have to invite the spirit first as this is a big list and we want and need the spirit there. Then at the end we ask if they had any impressions of who needs us from the names on that list. It´s a really cool way to do it, and we´re really excited to try it out!  We´ll see how it goes!
Then on Wednesday we went to spend time with a cute little newly wed couple in a pueblo. Ok so they´re not that recently married, but they´re young and she´s pregnant, and they´re from England! Love them to death! We had fun at their house.
Honestly there´s nothing really to tell you. Haha. It was Semana Santa here. We saw a few of the processions and they´re definitely a sight. I filmed a little of one, so you´ll be able to see it when I send my SD card home soon.
We also gave each other haircuts yesterday! Haha, oh man, that was an interesting experience. Luckily they turned out fine, but haha, that was fun!
I also sang in church yesterday too. Every month we have a Sunday where everything is planned by the missionaries and I didn´t have a part in it, so instead I was assigned the musical number. I sang abide with me ´tis even tide (in spanish of course) and it turned out pretty well.
Well, apparently Spain has spring tease weather as well. I started to get my sister missionary tan lines at the beginning of the week (man are they attractive!), only to have the end of the week be rainy and cold again. They say it´ll be like that until about June. Who knew the bi-polar pc weather exists in Spain as well?
Well I love you all to death! I really do! I can´t wait to talk to you all in 3 weeks! Love you all! Have an awesome week!

Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment