Saturday, April 12, 2014

subject)

Paige's mission
x

Paige Walton

Mar 17
to me, Tyler, Elliot, Whitney, Luke
Alright, well I´m running short on time today, so I´m going to try to get through this as fast as I can and still make it good. Well, we´ve got some more good news for ya! We set a fecha with a kid named Moyse. He´s 25 and from Romania. He was a reference from a girl in our branch! We had our first lesson with him on wednesday and we both felt really good at the end to invite him to be baptized, and he accepted! We´re really excited about him. We are going to try out best to keep this one going and actually make it happen this time.
We also had another little tender mercy this week. Our investigator Karin, the 21 year old girl from Mexico (I think I told you about her) came to church this week! We were so grateful for that! It shows us that she´s really willing to progress and move forward with us. We´re really excited about the chance we have to work with her. She´s so cool! We´ve invited her to be baptized, she´s not sure yet, but I´m sure once she gets some more "gospel knowledge" inside of her she´ll feel it´s right, so we´re going to keep inviting until she drops us or says yes. Haha.
So Saturday we went to a pueblo called Mérida which is about an hour east of Badajoz in a bus. It´s in our branch and in our area (yeah, our area really is that big) so we went to visit a member. Ok, can I just take a minute to say how incredibly gorgeous Mérida is! Oh my gosh! It is probably one of the prettiest places I have ever seen! It´s so european and so quaint and historic and clean and just so pretty! Honestly, if I ever had to come back and live in Spain, I would live there in a heartbeat. It´s a super old city, like before the life of Christ kind of thing, ruled by the Romans. There are movies that have been filmed there and people from all over Spain come to see the ruins and all the cool stuff that the city has to offer. Anyway, we had to take a bus to get there and so we were kind of tied to the bus schedule. Which means we left at 9:30 in the morning to get there at 10:30 and then we were there with her until we came back later in the afternoon. So she took us sight-seeing and we had fun walking around with her (Petri) and Cecilia (our branch pres´s wife) and taking pictures of all the cool stuff. I´ll definitely send you a whole bunch so you can see how pretty it is. But we had so much fun walking around as seeing Mérida! Man, I so hope we can come back and see it! I would love for you all to see it!
Then yesterday we had a fun day too. We had an eating cita with a family that we love! The dad of the family kind of reminds me of you, Dad. Basically the same goofy personality and you even kind of look a little bit similar. Anyway, we went to their house and ate and then had fun playing fooseball and pool for a while with the daughter that´s our age and the son that´s 8 years old. Haha, I can´t explain why it was so fun, but we were laughing a whole lot and we definitely had a good time.
After that we went to an activity at the church were we did family history. Hey did you know that if you follow certian lines back on Dad´s side on the familysearch.org site that you can find a whole bunch of crazy royal lineages (like Duncan of Scotland and the Henry and Edward lines of England) and a whole bunch of other crazy royals? Kind of cool! Also, if you find the right ones, our family history goes back to before Christ! WHAT?!?!? Yes, there are people there who both were born and died before Christ did. It´s the coolest thing! Way to go whoever found all of that! That´s all I can say! Hey do me a favor and start doing the temple work for all these people would ya? I totally wish I could, but sadly that´s not something I´m allowed to fo as a missionary considering that the temple is out of our boundaries. But there is some awesome work there that needs to be done! Maybe set a family goal to get a little more of it done. The hard part has been done for you, now all you have to do is take the names to the temple.

Anyway, I love you all! I hope things are going well and that you are feeling closer and closer to your Savior everday as I am. As the easter season starts to creep up on us, I am reminded more and more of the love he has for us. Search for it, you´ll always find evidence of it. I love you!
Hermana Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment